Attention: Account Registration

Welcome to the new EliteMMO forums!

Because we have moved hosts and forum software, you will need to register again and make a new account on our new forums.
Never fear though! XiClaim is now free to compensate our users for this inconvenience!

EliteMMO Network Administration

Post subject: windower question
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:12 pm 

i seem to be missing something on a private server with windower if i remove the pol file change the name of xiloader to pol and set to run as admin windower crashes to connect to this server u need to add

<args>--server 107.203.224.199</args>
<executable>xiloader.exe</executable>

to the windower settings.xml file under ur profile and if u change the name of xiloader to pol there that fixes the windower crash but it fails to connect to the server if i rename the pol file back to xiloader readd the pol file i moved and change pol back to xiloader in the settings file it all works again but that's just undoing everything i just did and puts me no closer to getting fface and ur programs to detect ffxi on the private server

Post subject: Re: windower question
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator
Donator+
Donator

I recommend asking on Windowers IRC or Github for support. I do not give support for Windower.
Given that I am the lead developer of Ashita I recommend that to users.

Wiccaan

Enjoy my work and wish to support me directly?

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/atom0s

---

Need a great web host? Check out:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:28 pm 
Donator
Donator

Manaroth wrote:
i seem to be missing something on a private server with windower if i remove the pol file change the name of xiloader to pol and set to run as admin windower crashes to connect to this server u need to add

<args>--server 107.203.224.199</args>
<executable>xiloader.exe</executable>

to the windower settings.xml file under ur profile and if u change the name of xiloader to pol there that fixes the windower crash but it fails to connect to the server if i rename the pol file back to xiloader readd the pol file i moved and change pol back to xiloader in the settings file it all works again but that's just undoing everything i just did and puts me no closer to getting fface and ur programs to detect ffxi on the private server

I know exactly what your talking about. You should rename xiloader to pol (no extension) and keep the pol.exe file name the same. Most program are setup to look for "pol" which should match either. Here's what my PlayOnline folder looks like:

Next, create a shortcut on your desktop to Windower4 and in properties set its target to something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\Windower.exe" --p= --executable=pol --args="--server http://www.yourserverhere.com"

Windower crashes if the original pol executable is not named pol.exe, but if you can rename xiloader to pol, third party programs should still be able to find the game client's process.

Note: It may crash initially when it prompts you to unblock pol in the firewall. Just re-run the loader again, and it should work the second time.

If something seems unclear here, I'll update my post with more steps, but I wanted to post this before I went to bed >.<

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator
Donator+
Donator

Glad to see Windower is STILL using my loader incorrectly.. -_-

Wiccaan

Enjoy my work and wish to support me directly?

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/atom0s

---

Need a great web host? Check out:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:02 am 

That worked great thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:59 am 

Thank you, now everything started to work fine. Thank you very much for explained. Even in conjunction with a proxy server works quite stable I used to have a problem with that.

Quick Reply
Subject: